The mission of the Solid Waste is to provide the residents of Sumter County excellent service while maintaining a cost effective Citizens' Drop-off Area (CDA) that follows the guidelines of local, state and federal regulations. In addition, the employees of Solid Waste promote a safe work environment not only for themselves, but for the public as they visit our facility.
- Operating the Citizens' Drop-off Area (CDA)
- Accept and dispose of residential / household class 1 waste materials (garbage)
- Support recycling operations for residents who recycle their residential material
- Provide facilities for residential: waste tires, batteries, scrap metal, cardboard, brush and construction and demolition debris, at the CDA
- Manage and report on the closed landfill in cooperation with FDEP
- Coordinate and support the bi-annual Household Electronics and Hazardous Waste Mobile Collection in Sumter County each Spring and Fall
- Submit the Annual Solid Waste and Recyclable Materials Report to FDEP
Customer Satisfaction Survey
Sumter County Solid Waste Services Unit is committed to providing the highest level of service to its customers. In order to assess customer satisfaction, please take a moment to complete our online customer satisfaction survey.
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day