Sumter County is currently following the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s water restrictions.
Lawn Watering Schedule and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and at any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a 30-30 establishment period, which allows any-day watering during the first 30 days.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless blended with another water source or restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing. However, the District asks that residents be as efficient as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on their hose so water isn’t wasted.
If you have additional water restriction questions or wish to report a possible violation,
please contact Southwest Florida Water Management District by calling the water restrictions hotline at 1-800-848-0499 (FL only) (personal assistance is available during business hours; off-hours uses an automated response system), or by Email