Water restrictions apply to water supplied by utilities, private wells and surface water sources.
Sumter County is currently following the Southwest Florida Water Management District’s water restrictions.
Lawn Watering Schedule and Times
- Lawn watering is limited to twice per week
- Lawn watering days and times are as follows unless your city or county has a different schedule or stricter hours in effect:
- Even addresses may water on Thursday and/or Sunday before 10 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Odd addresses may water on Wednesday and/or Saturday before 10 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
- Hand watering and micro-irrigation of plants (other than lawns) can be done on any day and at any time.
New Lawns and Plants
- New lawns and plants have a 30-30 establishment period, which allows any-day watering during the first 30 days.
- During the second 30 days, watering is allowed three days per week: even-numbered addresses may water on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday; odd-numbered addresses may water Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Reclaimed water remains subject to voluntary watering hours, unless blended with another water source or restricted by the local government or utility.
Fountains, Car Washing and Pressure Washing
- There are no restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing. However, the District asks that residents be as efficient as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on their hose so water isn’t wasted.
If you have additional water restriction questions or wish to report a possible violation,
please contact Southwest Florida Water Management District by calling the water restrictions hotline at 1-800-848-0499 (FL only) (personal assistance is available during business hours; off-hours uses an automated response system), or by Email