Fire Rescue Assessment
What is the Fire Assessment
The Board of County Commissioners levies an annual assessment for the purpose of funding fire rescue services benefiting improved property located within all areas of Sumter County.
The special assessment piggyback on the annual property tax bill. This method:
- Saves money by reducing the administrative costs of the program
- Results in a stable revenue source to fund Fire Rescue Services
- Is more fair to property owners who pay on time as those who may be delinquent in their payments
The Fire Rescue Services Assessment program will provide a cost-effective and financially stable means of:
- Funding fire rescue services and facilities for years to come
- Stability in insurance rates
- Protection of public safety
- Enhancement of property value
- Better service to property and its occupants
For additional information on the fire assessment program please contact Amanda Taylor at (352) 689-4435.