- View positions staffed and recruited through Sumter County BOCC, Tax Collector, and Supervisor of Elections
- The Sumter County BOCC is now accepting applications for the Development Services Director position. Click here to preview the job posting and click here to preview the brochure.
- Sumter County Board of Sumter County Commissioners contracts with Ad-Vance to provide supplemental staffing. If you are interested in a position with this contractor, click here
- Sumter County offers firefighter scholarship opportunities for new and existing firefighters, click here to complete the scholarship application.
- For opportunities with our municipalities, click on their name below:
Applications are accepted only for vacancies announced on the job listing. Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date.
Notice to Applicants
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Laws of Florida. If you require special accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application/selection process, you must notify the hiring authority in advance.
After being selected to fill a position, an applicant must successfully complete a Driver's License check, an employment reference check, and a criminal background check (if applicable).
- Regular full-time positions work a minimum of 30-hours per week and receive full benefits.
- Regular part-time positions work less than 30-hours per week and are not eligible for benefits.