Types of Spraying
Chemical treatment for adult mosquitoes is the most visible form of mosquito control. In Florida, both ground and aerial applications are common in the summer months. With industry and government testing procedures, it is virtually impossible to use a control product which could have an adverse effect on people, animals, or plant life.
The insecticides being used today are not only highly effective, but also degrade rapidly.
Adulticiding Products We Use:
Larvaciding is a general term for the process of killing juvenile mosquitoes while in life stages (larvae and pupae) which only occur in water. Larvacide treatments can be applied form either ground or air in accordance with provisions of the Florida Pesticide Law.
Larvaciding Products We Use:
- Agnique MMF (Label)
- Agnique MMF (MSDS)
- Altosid Briquets (Label)
- Altosid Briquets (MSDS)
- Altosid XR-G (Label)
- Altosid XR-G (MSDS)
- Teknar G (Label)
- Teknar G (MSDS)
- Fourstar-MBG (Label)
- Fourstar-MBG (SDS)
The Supervisor of Mosquito Control is licensed by the State of Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. If you have any questions about mosquitoes, please call the Public Works Department at 352-569-6700.
Tips for Reducing Mosquito Populations Around Your Home
- Check clogged gutters and flat roofs that may have poor drainage
- Drain all water from boats while being stored
- Drain water from pools not in use
- Empty plastic wading pools, bird baths, and pet water bowls at least once a week
- Fill in tree holes and hollow stumps that hold water
- Repair screening on windows, doors, porches, and patios
- Remove standing water in old tires buckets, drums, or any other containers
- Stock your ornamental water gardens with mosquito-eating fish
- Gambusia, Minnows, or Goldfish