Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- Meetings will be held quarterly.
- View the schedule
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings.
Minutes from previous meetings are posted on the agenda the following meeting.
View Recent Agendas
|Doug Gilpin||Local Government Official||1 year||11/2021 - 11/2022|
||Banking industry||2 years||7/12/2022 - 7/12/2024|
||Building Industry||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Amber Tucker||Areas of Labor Activity||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Sandra Woodard||Low Income Advocate||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Priscilla Lewis||For-profit Housing Provider||2 years||7/12/2022 - 7/12/2024|
|Gene Barton||Non-profit Housing Provider||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Danny Smith||Real Estate Professional||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Sarah Gill||Local Planning Agency||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Luann Duncan||Sumter County Resident||2 years||7/12/2022 - 7/12/2024|
|Matthew Yoder||Employer Representative||2 years||7/12/2021 - 7/12/2023|
|Robert Hanson||Essential Service Personnel||2 years||7/12/2022 - 7/12/2024|
||Alternate||2 years||7/12/2022 - 7/12/2024|
OverviewThe purpose of the AHAC is to:
- Review the established policies and procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, and adopted local government comprehensive plan of the appointing local government.
- Recommend specific actions or initiatives to the Board of County Commissioners to encourage or facilitate affordable housing while protecting the ability of the property to appreciate in value.
- Serve as the Citizen's Advisory Task Force (CATF) for Community Development Block Grants.
- Prepare and submit a report to the local governing board that includes recommendations on affordable housing incentives outlined in Florida Statute § 420.9076(4).
The membership shall consist of at least eight but no more than eleven committee members and must consist of one representative of the categories mandated by Florida Statutes § 420.9076(2).
The Local Government Official participation is required by Florida Statutes and the Sumter County Board of County Commissioners choose which Commissioner will serve on the committee. The selection process is done every November, at their regularly scheduled board meeting, following the general election.